Want to verify Uphold account, 1Password blocked

When visiting Uphold’s page, I want to generate a password for my new account with 1Password, but the extension seems to be blocked on that page

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to uphold’s verify page
  2. With 1Password7 extension installed, click the 1Password7 extention in the toolbar
  3. Observe the message that says “reload page to use this extension”
  4. Click that reload button
  5. See the same message again

Expected result:

I see the extension and can use it to generate a strong password.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 0.69.135 Chromium: 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

This seems intentional in some way - my ublock origin and 1Password extension both get a bit of a highlight on the uphold site, both are inactive and display the “reload to use this extension” message, see attached.

@sporkman,
You’re likely seeing this because by default, the browser disables some extensions on certain Uphold pages to protect from potentially malicious ones.

That said, you can get around this by

1. Right-clicking on the 1password extension
  2. Selecting This extension can read and write site data
  3. Then select On Uphold.com

This should allow the use of your extension on Uphold without issue. Please let me know if this works for you.

1 Like

Didn’t get to actually test this as I had to go chasing after Uphold for other reasons (the signup process to submit a photo is fundamentally broken if you are on current iOS and use the web UI to finish the verification process). Still good to know that if I hit the disabled extension issue again I can unblock.

Unrelated, but Uphold is quite a chore - if your biz model relies on people setting this up, best of luck because the UX is just awful. Even when I finally installed their phone app and sent them a DL and a photo they still kicked back the auth info at which point I decided this is more work than it’s worth.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.