Trouble creating Uphold account in Brave

To verify my Brave Rewards account I followed the link to create an Uphold account within the following version Brave browser under GalliumOS:

Brave [Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get past the first sign-up page on the Uphold web site using the Brave browser. The web page just kept loading itself when filling in my initial account information and hitting the “Next” button. There were no obvious reasons for the behavior and it occurred when I just when through the Uphold.com regular sign-up process as well. I double checked everything (including my password), but just couldn’t figure it out. Finally, to create the Uphold account I had to sign-up using Chrome on my desktop system. Ooofff!!!

I suspect that there some strange interaction between the Brave browser and the current Uphold web site that is causing this problem. Unfortunately it reflects very poorly on the Brave Rewards program as that is the web site that Brave Rewards uses to verify an account.

I really appreciate what Brave is doing and all this stuff is still relatively early in development, but this process must be made much smoother for people willing to give Brave Rewards a try. Hopefully the issues I ran into a relatively rare.

• Mike
1 Like