Trouble creating Uphold account in Brave

To verify my Brave Rewards account I followed the link to create an Uphold account within the following version Brave browser under GalliumOS:

Brave [Version 1.0.1 Chromium: 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)]

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get past the first sign-up page on the Uphold web site using the Brave browser. The web page just kept loading itself when filling in my initial account information and hitting the “Next” button. There were no obvious reasons for the behavior and it occurred when I just when through the Uphold.com regular sign-up process as well. I double checked everything (including my password), but just couldn’t figure it out. Finally, to create the Uphold account I had to sign-up using Chrome on my desktop system. Ooofff!!!

I suspect that there some strange interaction between the Brave browser and the current Uphold web site that is causing this problem. Unfortunately it reflects very poorly on the Brave Rewards program as that is the web site that Brave Rewards uses to verify an account.

I really appreciate what Brave is doing and all this stuff is still relatively early in development, but this process must be made much smoother for people willing to give Brave Rewards a try. Hopefully the issues I ran into a relatively rare.

• Mike
1 Like

Hey Mike!

Difficult as it might be to believe I just went through very similar contortions to these a bit over two years later. I tried to verify my Brave Wallet (native to the browser:) and was redirected to uphold.com on my Linux (Kubuntu) desktop browser.
Version 1.35.103 Chromium: 98.0.4758.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Where I had to verify my identity. Now I can understand this necessity because of the Know Your Customer mandate of a couple of decades now, so I opted to use Global.ID for verification in the hopes of being able to recycle the "photo my Drivers License and selfie procedure" for future crypto related accounts I’ll no doubt have to register on this endless learning curve upon which I’ve embarked. I also moved over to my Android 11 phone to use the cameras.

So it was Global.ID’s site that told me
Browser not supported
Continue with Google Chrome

So as many referrals as Brave Browser is giving to Uphold and therefore Global.ID, they deserve more respect than to fall victim to lazy web developers. Reminds me of the bad ol’ days of Microsoft’s Internet Exploder v6.

• Smiley

@mpthompson @smiley97111

“Go to Uphold.com and log in independently of the Brave Rewards verification flow. Once logged in, go into Brave Rewards and verify wallet. Follow steps Wallet verification should be successful (in 'Wallet verified’state)”

Follow this method. Taken from https://teddit.net/r/brave_browser/comments/o6apqk/uphold_wallet_verification_loop_android/

Also, make sure your shields is down, and third party cookies are available for some time. And delete uphold native app from android for the time being.