Virus?i think my browser has picked up a bug

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

**Hi guys , not too much detail on this one but my windows security has alerted me to the this C:\Users\jvesa\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\Default\Cache\Cache_Data\0000$.0x0: file path **

its in the protection history: 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

** Version 1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (64-bit)
:windows 10 v22h2**

im not seeing any slowing down on my pc and all seems fine i am however still nowhwere on my previous question and that problem still persists . Wondering if they not linked somehow . its is quarentined and is not a threat but im just a bit concered that it is even there . Also surprised that the brave security did not block it . Is it anything i need to worry about . Thanks

What Brave Security? Brave will help to give you warnings and all when you go to unsecure sites, but Brave isn’t an antivirus or anything like that.

Viruses and malware can enter your device from a variety of sources. Antivirus tend to find them where they “nest.” We have no clue what Windows Security found, whether it be malware, virus, or something else. It just found whatever it was within your cache.

Well, if you haven’t, I’d do a deep scan of your device to check for any other malware or virus you might have. Outside of that, seems like you have it under control. As to answer on what to worry about, I guess just be careful of the places you’ve been visiting and always remember to be wary of downloads, inclusing browser extensions.

ok thanks , all seems fine . I got it in time , the sysinternals autoruns was very useful in getting rid of it , . Still very frustrating that streaming the sport is problematic , but its not that necessary do have other means of seeing it

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.