Virtual Desktops and remembering the last state of the browser

Description of the issue:
Hi, I love the function what opens the pages where I left them afer I reopen the browser. Unfortunately I have a problem when I have a website opened on First Virtual Desktop and a website on Second Virtual Desktop when I close the browser, it only remembers the last Virtual Desktop instead of every.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Simply just open two website on two different Virtual Desktops in Windows 11.
Then on any Virtual Desktop close the browser while having it opened in another Virtual Desktop. Now as you can see, after reopening it in the Virtual Desktop that you have closed, there aren’t the pages that you left open but a completely new one. It happens because you still have opened Brave browser in another Virtual Desktop.

Expected result:
Expected results are pretty simply. Just when you close the browser on any Virtual Desktop it should after reopening the browser, contains the pages that you left on. Brave checks if any browser is opened but it should check if any browser is opened but in specific Virtual Desktop.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
v1.46.144

Additional Information:
My operating system: Windows 11

@Kamiszewskyy Hi and welcome to the community.

I don’t use virtual desktops. I’m just curious and would like more information if possible.

To me, opening the browser in different virtual desktop(s) is like opening the browser in multiple windows. When closing a window, even if in a different virtual desktop, the settings will always revert to the window still open or the last window closed. Since there is only one installation of the browser software, I would think this behavior was working as expected.

I’m curious if this scenario works as you explained with any other software you use with only one installation. In other words, is there other software you use where you can change settings across multiple instances, close the instance(s), and reopen with the differences between instances intact?

I’m not a programmer but implementing the scenario you explained would probably be a nightmare and would require some sort of management functions at the administrative level. Like using virtual desktops in a corporate network type environment sort of thing. Do you know if there are tools out there that would allow you to do this in a personal network type environment?

Any additional input appreciated! Thank-you and take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

Actually I don’t know. I have stopped using others browsers a few year ago after moving to Brave. Sometimes I only use Firefox because Ubuntu has it as default but I haven’t tested it there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.