Verified Uphold account in a country that is supported on Uphold but somehow not available here for Brave Publishers

Hello, I have a verified account on Uphold - registered in Slovenia (which is not in the list of supported regions on your website).

I would like to know why is that I’m able to register and verify an account on Uphold but my region is not supported here on Brave. Because you also link to a website that lists regions that Uphold does not service in and Slovenia is not on that list.

I’m somehow hoping you missed Slovenia while listing available countries as I don’t think any additional legal processes should be taken to do so. :slight_smile:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)? Windows 10 - Version 1.48.164 Chromium: 110.0.5481.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Is your Brave Rewards Profile currently verified? (yes/no) Not anymore.

What date did you connect a your Brave Rewards Profile? When did I connect what - I think a word is missing in this question? I connected new Uphold wallet on 17.02.2023, the previous Gemini wallet was connected in 2022 I think.

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past? Yes, before when I was connected to Gemini and you haven’t made the change to only be available in the US.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no) No.

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)? No - but this is my main question.

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)? /

Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements? I’m taken to the dashboard so I guess - YES.

It’s because Brave and Uphold decided collectively to stop supporting regions. They’ve added back some lately and are working to get more back soon.

The link is for POST where UPHOLD DOESN’T ALLOW TO MAKE ACCOUNTS OR NEW ACCOUNTS CANNOT BE MADE IN. Uphold may still support new accounts in Slovenia but same can’t be said for connecting to Brave Rewards.

@amonmen11 The answer is Slovenia was one of the countries limited when the war between Russia and Ukraine was started and there were big sanctions in the area, from where they were worried about Russia being funded by crypto and were trying to limit any money that way. You can see the notice of that at Important: Uphold no longer supporting countries in Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, and Balkans region

You’ll notice most, if not all, of those countries still don’t have support enabled. The Rewards team has stated they are ready to enable them again but are in talks with Uphold on how to do it. Basically, it’s waiting for Uphold to reenable the API again.

Oh, ok.

I guess this is the link I need to follow to get necessary updates? Any information whether Slovenia is included in “shortlisted” regions from last update that should be available soon?

Thanks!

No idea. I’m assuming it might be since they mentioned other countries in the area, but I don’t want to make assumptions and tell you wrong. All I can say is as they make changes or announce more info, I’ll update that topic you linked in your last reply.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.