Uphold problem in France

Hi

The wallet uphold is no longer enable in France?

1 Like

@M.Humble

Posted May 10, 2022 - but up-to-date on July 14, 2022
New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini
NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini

CURRENT - July 12
New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Uphold
NOTICE: New region restrictions on verifying Brave Rewards with Uphold

CURRENT - July 12
Supported regions for verifying Brave Rewards with a custodial wallet provider
https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/6539887971469-Supported-regions-for-verifying-Brave-Rewards-with-a-custodial-wallet-provider-

VERBATIM . . .

Support for verifying your Brave Rewards profile may vary by region and custodian.

Currently, Brave Rewards can be verified with the following three custodial wallet service provider partners:

• Uphold
  • Gemini
  • bitFlyer (Japan only)

Uphold, Gemini

Verifying Brave Rewards with Gemini or Uphold is available in the following 19 countries:

1. Australia
  2. Austria
  3. Belgium
  4. Canada
  5. Colombia
  6. Denmark
  7. Finland
  8. Hong Kong
  9. Ireland
  10. Italy
  11. Netherlands
  12. New Zealand
  13. Norway
  14. Portugal
  15. Singapore
  16. Spain
  17. Sweden
  18. United Kingdom
  19. United States

bitFlyer

Verifying Brave Rewards with bitFlyer is only available for users in Japan.

So, where my BAT will going at the end of the month if i have no longer wallet?
Rewards will stack in my browser?

@M.Humble

I refer to Brave Rewards wallet (lower case lettering for ‘wallet’), as Brave Rewards vBAT deposit box.

Because, with only Enabling Brave Rewards and skipping all the Custodial Wallet Provider Conundrum . . . then, for ‘paying attention’ to certain ads, the ‘reward’ is accumulating vBAT in your Brave Rewards vBAT deposit box.

Also because, the terms:

• Brave Rewards wallet (lower case lettering for ‘wallet’)
  • Brave Wallet (Self Custody)

are both ‘wallets’ per se BUT NOT THE SAME KIND of WALLET - yet, the terminology confuses some people.

If you maintain a verified connection between your Brave Rewards vBAT deposit box and an account at your Custodial Wallet Provider, then, instead of vBAT being added to your Brave Rewards vBAT deposit box . . . BAT are sent, from Brave Rewards operations, to your account at your Custodial Wallet Provider.

IF you Do Not want BAT being sent to your account at your Custodial Wallet Provider . . . then you need to end that connection.

So, if you manage to correctly adjust settings and arrange a change of connection(s) status with your Custodial Wallet Provider, then YES, your vBAT should show up in your:

• Brave Rewards wallet (lower case lettering for ‘wallet’)
  • aka Brave Rewards vBAT deposit box

that are, as I read things, the same thing.

Re what I have read, lately, the Terms of Service for Brave Rewards - 3.1 Activation of Brave Rewards Services aka the Services:

What is Brave doing to users? - #2 by 289wk

Again, @Chocoholic , @Saoiray , or @Aman_M may arrive and correct my penmanship. They know a lot more about the Brave Rewards - Brave Wallet (renditions) - Custodial Wallet Provider account (egs. Gemini, Uphold) . . . Conundrum.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.