Unable to upload some files

Description of the issue: I can’t upload some files to the web using Brave on Kubuntu 20.04.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Go to drive.google.com or outlook.office.com and log in.
  2. Try uploading an .xlsx or .djvu file to Google Drive or attach it to a mail on Outlook

Expected result: Error message saying that file can’t be uploaded

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.14.84 Chromium: 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I installed Brave following instructions for Release Channel Installation at https://brave.com/linux/. Turning off Shields-Up didn’t help.

Hi @Blessing, Welcome to Community!
Can you confirm if this also happens in other browsers?
Can you try uploading a different file type to see if it works? e.g. .jpg or .csv

Hi @Aa-ron! Thank you for a quick response.
While trying uploading different files to different services to test some more and understand what could cause the problem, I found out the actual problem was not with file extension or the service I’m uploading to, but it seems to be something about the file names. I can’t upload files that have Cyrillic symbols in names.
What do I do in this situation?
I tried uploading files with Cyrillic symbols with Firefox 81.0 and there was no problem, so I guess it’s not about my system.

Also, should I update my original post with the info I just wrote?

could be a chromium thing in general… does uploading work for chrome, chromium, opera, vivaldi, etc…?

1 Like

Hi @megaspaz! I just tried uploading a file with Cyrillic symbols in its name with Google Chrome and it gave me the same error.
I guess it’s a chromium issue in general then. What should I do then?

well chromium is the “parent” project for all… maybe report a bug with them? Or maybe @Aa-ron or some other brave eng can report the issue or fix it and send a patch to them… something like that… :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

Okay, thank you!
We’ll wait for @Aa-ron then and see what he suggests.

Okay, there is already bug reports in Brave project on Github and Chromium project website. I think this topic can be closed now.

1 Like