Unable to open web pages or any menu options

Could you try in a new profile ?

Tried new profile and guest profile. I think then it kept trying to open in a new profile so wasn’t even getting as far as the browser window so have deleted the config folder to force a reset. Chromium works fine.

Hello @dougie

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and sorry to hear you’re having trouble with Brave. Could you kindly try clearing the cookies and cache in brave://settings/clearBrowserData

Let me know if that works!

Page unresponsive. It’s the same for all menu items: settings, about, extensions, rewards. A new tab starts loading but it doesn’t progress.

@Mattches do look into this. Thanks.

Are you also getting this error:

[230497:230497:1213/214215.390581:ERROR:sharing_service.cc(222)] Device registration failed with fatal error

Device registration failed with fatal error after update

@dougie,
Can you try opening the dev tools console window (Menu --> More tools —> Dev tools --> Console tab) and then navigating to some of the unresponsive settings pages and/or webpages and sharing the console output (if any) here?

@Mattches - nothing opens, not even settings or any brave:// pages

You mean there is no console output appearing at all?

@Mattches It doesn’t open. Page is still unresponsive and no console output

@rkt Where are you seeing this error? In the terminal when installing? I haven’t see that.

@dougie - Yes, Since no pages, and no config (Settings/preferences) were opening, I tried starting the browser with --verbose flag from a terminal.

Nothing works, but, at least I am seeing some errors.

This is the output I get when opening from a terminal

[16534:16551:1215/102228.080958:ERROR:nss_util.cc(349)] After loading Root Certs, loaded==false: NSS error code: -8018
mesa: for the --simplifycfg-sink-common option: may only occur zero or one times!
mesa: for the --global-isel-abort option: may only occur zero or one times!
mesa: for the --amdgpu-atomic-optimizations option: may only occur zero or one times!

@dougie - I was getting a similar error, but, after reinstalling Brave, getting this error:

mesa: for the --simplifycfg-sink-common option: may only occur zero or one times!
mesa: for the --global-isel-abort option: may only occur zero or one times!
mesa: for the --amdgpu-atomic-optimizations option: may only occur zero or one times!
[364966:364966:1215/163100.928105:ERROR:sharing_service.cc(222)] Device registration failed with fatal error

@dougie - is it resolved for you, yet?

No. Is yours? Will switch to beta channel installation and see if that provides a fix.

It doesn’t seem a common issue and we’re also getting different errors. I’ll just keep my fingers crossed for a working version at some point.

@dougie - not resolved for me, yet. I used Beta, and Alpha, same error. We are both having AMD GPU’s :sweat_smile:

If nothing else, that’s a common link here.

@dougie - is this still a problem for you? Did you try using any other Chromium based browsers (Chromium or Chrome or Opera) ?

any updates? is this a known issue? does not seems be working with all of the following :

• stable
  • beta
  • alpha

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.