Unable to download or export browsing history

Unable to download, save and or export BROWSING history.

So far there has been no expected result.

Version 1.5.123 Chromium: 80.0.3987.163 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Have read numerous articles after Googling to no avail. Have accessed Settings and did not see any option to enable or disable regarding my main issues. When I click the menu button then go to history I see no links regarding my topic only to delete. Went into advanced settings and viewed my options as there is no way to complete my issue only to CLEAR. Did try modifying settings in advance to save browsing history upon exit but cannot find where the browsing history is saved to. As stated earlier there are many issues in Google for clearing, deleted or exporting bookmarks but not for saving browsing history. This issue can be duplicated each time I attempt to save and or export my browsing history. In your here there is a topic about exporting browsing history but upon clicking there is no response stating how to do it.

Thank you for addressing this issue and will look forward to your response.

2 Likes

i had never hear about exporting nor downloading the browser history :thinking:, is there a particular reason for you to need it?

1 Like

Lol I thought I was the only one see this for the first time

2 Likes

Hi @bigleegeek1.
Thank you for opening this topic.
I also want to know how to export my ‘history’. And I, too, tried all the things you report that you tried.

but this Brave help topic deals only with exporting bookmarks, which is straightforward. The article does not address exporting ‘history’. :confused:

Hi @JohnDproof

I want to secure my browsing history before I install the latest version of Brave.
I will wait to see if I have to import my previous history into the newly installed version of Brave. I must not lose my history.

@bigleegeek1, perhaps you can try this and see what happens:
On the ‘history’ tab, I right clicked on the page and selected ‘save as’ in the menu and saved a file in .html. I am still experimenting to see if that file is usable.

I am also perhaps discovering that Brave stores only a few months of history, so I need to read up on that topic.

:leaves:

the only use that file could have to you is to access the info of the site without the need of an interned connection, unless you are looking for the code of the site.

to this day, i still do not know a way to export and import the browser history…

@Dryad, @bigleegeek1, well you could add the pages in your history to your bookmarks an then export your bookmarks… I think is tedious but is an option :thinking:

1 Like

to this day, i still do not know a way to export and import the browser history…

I find this very suspicious that browser vendors are making it difficult to access your own history. It’s a very easy feature to implement technically, so there appears to be business motive behind it. I recently discovered that Youtube viewer history API was removed too. What is going on? Why can’t we have access to our browsing/viewing activity?

Anyway. I found a workaround for chrome browsers. You have to access the sqllite database that stores your history and export it.

2 Likes

Hi @aaarrrron, thanks for the reply.
Also, apparently this is your first post, so welcome.

Your comments, quoted, are so very interesting. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:
Perhaps @discobot Brave staff have a useful comment in this regard? :smiley:

Grateful for the github link. I went there, read: https://gist.github.com/dropmeaword/9372cbeb29e8390521c2
I can speak ONLY basic Tech language and I am glad to read it when it spoken by those who speak it more fluently, a reminder that there are those out there who do know what they are doing in the digital densities.
I sense that maybe I am also waiting for a reply to the question there by :
PBXY

I may be able to get my wits about me and try and follow the instructions, baby step by step, windows7?. :blush:

EDIT : Accessing Browser History - #8 by Dryad

2 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

2 Likes

Perhaps you and or the engineers should go back to the drawing board and rethink.

Wanted a backup copy of the browsing history just like individuals who can download copies of their bookmarks for future use.

Update recap. I came to this topic because :
Q 1.

(This ‘Export History’ topic is to be found also at :
I Can't Find the User Data Folder for Brave (I'm Using Windows 7))
AND at :

Q 2.

Q 1. ANSWERED : I did NOT have to ‘import’, ALL HISTORY was automatically present, and easily, :rofl: today I jumped successfully from :

to Version 1.9.72 Chromium: 81.0.4044.138 (Official Build) (64-bit) :ok_hand:t2: thanks Brave.

Q 2. NOT answered :

• How do we download / export / back up our Brave history?
  • As at 20APRIL20 my Brave history only went back to 29JAN20 when it should have gone way back to at least mid 2019?
    I NEVER delete my history. Until :

As of MAY20,
point 3. arises
to do with a closed thread :
https://community.brave.com/t/anyone-else-using-c-cleaner-the-program-with-brave-0-63-48
C Cleaner has now indeed included Brave browser in its latest versions and I didn’t notice :roll_eyes: and so I managed to click clean wipe my history away anyway. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• If I had been able to incrementally back up my history via exports I wouldn’t be laughing (:sob:) now. :thinking:.
    [my CCleaner bad, that I renege majorly on installing programme updates and then don’t check new features]
    So, ALERT to anyone who upgrades from an old version of CCLEANER to a newer version : Brave browser is now included so uncheck the history box for Brave in CCleaner if you do not want your history cleaned :

:wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.