Two-Finger Swipe Gestures and Pinch-to-Zoom Touchpad Functionality Not Working on Ubuntu 22.04

Hello,

I’m experiencing issues with touchpad gestures in Brave on Ubuntu 22.04. The two-finger swipe for back/forward navigation and pinch-to-zoom functionalities are not working, while they do in Firefox. Vertical scrolling is unaffected and works as intended. This issue persists across installations from both the Snap Store and the official Brave repository.

Any help is appreciated, as these missing gestures significantly reduce my efficiency and comfort with Brave. They’re essential to my browsing routine.

1 Like

I have the same problem.

1 Like

It used to work if you set the preferred ozone platform to wayland (in brave://flags) and launched brave with brave-browser --enable-features=TouchpadOverscrollHistoryNavigation.

Unfortunately, this just stopped working with the newest update. I have opened another support ticket for this.

1 Like

I followed your thread from the support ticket. You mentioned it was working in the end with --disable-experiments --ozone-platform=wayland ? What is the final command to have the touchpad gestures? I still can’t get the gesture to work.

–enable-features=TouchpadOverscrollHistoryNavigation

@real_username
sweet
I think its cause I had another brave window open. I can now from the terminal exec
brave-browser --enable-features=TouchpadOverscrollHistoryNavigation --disable-experiments and it works

So I’ve gone into vim /usr/share/applications/brave-browser.desktop and replaced the Exec with:

#Exec=/usr/bin/brave-browser-stable %U
Exec=/usr/bin/brave-browser-stable --enable-features=TouchpadOverscrollHistoryNavigation --disable-experiments

and I can launch with finger gesture! Thanks again @real_username