Two-finger swipe forward & back

Just about every browser I have used (probably all of them) allows you to move back and forward through your history with a two-finger swipe left or right. But Brave doesn’t support this and it’s very frustrating.

I am using the Android version of Brave on a Chromebook and using the touchpad for two finger swiping. This missing feature is practically a deal breaker, it’s a pain to have to click on the forward/back arrows just to move back and forth. Feels very 1995-ish.

Adding this feature would make browsing more convenient and it’s a pretty basic browser feature these days.

I just installed Brave on my 2017 Pixelbook, noticed the same behavior, and created an account to come here and see if there was a solution. Since this is a two year old post with no responses and no votes I’m guessing not.

I’m not sure it will work but the next thing I’m going to try is setting up libinput-gestures in Crostini. I didn’t have gestures working on my thinkpad running arch, but that’s how I was able to get the functionality to work there.

1 Like

I’ve read on Reddit that I could have something to do with “three finger drag” option activated on Mac… Is that true?
How can I use “two finger back” then?