Touch ID on the Mac

It would be great if you integrated Touch ID (on the Mac) for filling in passwords on websites.

Right now, I go to a site and then the password is automatically filled in. This is fine but if a guest is using my laptop and goes to a particular site, they can easily log on to a sensitive site by going to the site and allowing the browser to fill in the password, which is already stored.

This defeats the whole purpose of having a password in the first place. Sure, it’s great to have passwords saved, but if there’s no security (such as Touch ID) to allow the password to be filled, anyone can enter sensitive websites.

Right now, I have 2FA on for sensitive sites, but it would be cool to have Touch ID integrated into Brave. If this were to happen, I would make Brave my default browser and ditch Safari.

Thanks.

1 Like

yeah +1 . Would be great if Brave indetify touchID on Apple Pay or Sign with Apple on macbooks. I got to use safari every time i want to pay for food or clothes by Apple Pay on browser. Or just signwith apple ID.

I use 1Password and everywhere else I can use Touch ID to unlock it, but not when using Brave. :cry:

Looks like this issue is fixed now and macos keychain is available as a passkey storage option.