Using TouchID on MacOS on the Brave browser

Hello everyone

I’m contacting you today because I use a mac as my main computer, I really like to use the Brave browser rather than Safari or Chrome, however I’m having a problem with using it.

Indeed, the included password manager feature is convenient, however I don’t like the fact that anyone who comes to use my computer in my absence can log on to all the websites for which I have saved my passwords on this browser.

I would like my passwords to be saved in my browser, but to have to place my finger on the TouchID fingerprint sensor so that it recognizes that I am the owner of the Mac and lets me access my accounts. In other words, I would like Brave not to connect to sites where my passwords are saved, but to ask for a confirmation of my identity via TouchID before doing so, how do I go about it ?

Thanks !

1 Like

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately this functionality is not something we offer at this time. It would, however, be a nice feature request to add.

In general, I would recommend using a password manager such as 1Passsword or LastPass to save and manager your passwords as many of them allow you to set separate passwords and/or use biometrics to authorize usage.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer !

Do you consider adding it ?

Is 1Password working with TouchID ? I saw that some people had trouble with this app on Brave Browser with TouchID.
May I ask if these apps works fine with the password manager of Brave ? Can the two coexist without creating problems or do you have to change the settings of brave to make it work? Are there any risks involved with these applications?

edit : nevermind, both are paid solutions compared to Brave ><

Both extensions work just fine in Brave browser and both offer biometric scans for authorization.
1password is paid, LastPass can be used for free.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.