There is no option to sync brave browsers on different computers

I am using brave browsers on mac and windows and I cannot see any sync option in setting. I installed nightly brave on which I found out how to sync. However, it cannot be opened on my mac (there is an issue) it is very slow on my windows and more importantly I cannot import my brave browsers history and bookmarks to nightly brave. Is there any solution for the problem I have? I would like to keep brave and be able to import my bookmarks to the computer.

Hi @spaproth, Welcome to Community!
Can you elaborate on:

Nightly can be installed on mac - are you having issues installing?

Hi,

Yes, in fact, it is installed but cannot be opened.

Can you run me through the steps you took to download and install.
What are you seeing when you try to open? How are you opening it?

This window appears and then I click on it simply to open the browser. I see nothing but only the error massage that I attached to the last comment.

Hi @spaproth
Apologies for the late reply.

In regards to:

You can export/import books via brave://bookmarks/. But there is not way to export history.

However, you can try copying over your entire Brave profile from one build to the next.
If you go to C:\Users\[Your User Name]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data for windows or ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser for mac, there will be a Default folder. You can copy that folder over to the Nightly build, it should transfer over bookmarks, history, extensions, etc. But please note this method is not perfect and may corrupt some files or settings.

But now, back to Nightly not opening on mac:

Can you delete the Nightly .dmg file from your mac. Then open finder and make sure the Nightly volume is ejected, see the tab to the left of the finder window.
If you go to your Applications folder do you see Brave Nightly listed?
If you go to ~/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/ do you see a Brave-Browser-Nightly folder?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.