The size of the font does not change after changing it

I tried to change the font size over the option menu several times. however it is never actually changing in the browser.
Does anyone have a clue why?

1 Like

Did you mean this text scaling option?

I’ve no issue with the setting. Changed to +100% or -100% and it works as expected.

Below with 180%

1 Like

Yes it’s the one I mean. It just doesn’t change the font size here. Very strange. Anyone here who experienced this before?

1 Like

@Ayooo,
It would help if we had the additional requested information, such as what Brave version you’re using as well as what type of Android device you’re using?

1 Like

Ok this is the info about the brave version

I’m on a Samsung Galaxy a21s phone.
Hope that is the right information.

1 Like

@Ayooo,
Are you using any custom themes/UI for your phone at this time?

1 Like

I don’t use anything like that. On the Samsung browser I can change the font size easily. But on brave and Chrome nothing changes after adjusting the size.

1 Like

Happens on any website or only a specific site (example)?

1 Like

It’s not that it happens somewhere specific. It is like changing the font size does not have any effect at all, as if this change was not recognized by the browser.

1 Like

Drag the zooming size to your desired size ,then double click it(page) before exiting to input the changes you have made.

You said “double click it (page)” . What does that mean? Ok which spot exactly do I have to double click?

1 Like

@Ayooo,
I think he’s referring to the “zoom” feature as opposed to the text scaling feature. Is there a reason you want this in the browser specifically as opposed to using your phone’s settings? Additionally – you should still see some text increase in size when you use the slider, but likely not all text given that the following issue is still open in Chromium:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=779409

1 Like

The time you are still setting the page to a certain zoom size; immediately after you reached your desired size, just double click the same zoom page and see if it can vanished and take you automatically to the real application you are setting for.

The font size on my phone is set to the lowest degree while font size on the browser is pretty big - I guess it is the default setting and doesn’t adapt to the phone settings. I read a lot of articles so I prefer to use a low size in order to make reading easier.

Could there be any connection to the Google app not allowing me to alter font size since the browser is chrome based?

Or could it be related to any other (system) app?

@Ayooo,
Just to confirm, you’re saying that your phone’s system settings have font set to very small, but Brave is not reflecting that? And further, the slider in Brave --> Settings --> Accessibility doesn’t have any effect?

That is exactly the case.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.