The background image option does not appear in the dashboard how to solve

Hello, I have a small problem, it turns out that I updated brave to the V1.37 to put my own background image when I found out that you could already put custom background images in Brave, but the background image option does not appear in the dashboard nor does it disable sponsored images.

how to solve

Likely a bug, send your brave://settings/help. You do not even have the option of ‘Background Images’ in your customization panel.

@Mattches

Hi

Try clearing browsing data, clickinh F5 many times on the default page, and flushing DNS.

@PikachuandEevee2000,
Can you please tell me the exact version of the browser you’re using? Additionally, its unlikely that this is the case but can you please create a test profile and check to see if you get the same results there?

1 Like

Nope but at least I was able to extract the image that I wanted to put from another PC that had brave installed and I already put it

try to do it but nothing even reinstalling Brave

Interesting. Do you have any themes installed at this time?

@PikachuandEevee2000,
Additionally, can you please try opening the dev tools console (Menu --> more tools --> dev tools --> [Console]), then click on Customize again (on the NTP) and share a screenshot of the console window?

Hi

I suggest you do a clean install of Brave.
You will need to use an app such as Revo Uninstaller, free version, to completely uninstall Brave then install the official version from https://brave.com/

Note: Reinstalling Brave will lead to the loss of your estimated earnings.

@CerealLover @PikachuandEevee2000,
While this may need to happen, I’d prefer you (@PikachuandEevee2000) don’t resort to this just yet until we get this console info.

@PikachuandEevee2000 additionally, can you tell me if you installed Brave using any special promotion or if it was the standard install from brave.com/download?

an Eevee theme for chromium web browsers (Chrome, Edge and Brave)

I see - can you please disable this theme and then tell me if the option appears? Or simply select Brave default images in Settings --> Appearance —> Theme

still the same I will try with revo unistaller

Note while this may work, it will likely clear all data held in the browser. Can you please try and get the console screenshot requested previously before resorting to this?

how do i get to the console

Refer to my previous reply:

this or not?

Yes, however, you will need to click on Customize once this window is open, then share the screenshot of the console window.

I also notice that you still have that background enabled. I want to ensure that you tested removing the theme by going to Settings --> Appearance --> Theme --> Brave default images then relaunching the browser and checking.