System notifications vs. In-Browser notifications for Brave Rewards ads

In Brave
Version 1.30.89 Chromium: 94.0.4606.81 (Official Build) (64-bit)
I’m seeing Brave Reward ads in the upper right corner that are generated by the browser itself, rather than going through system notifications. This is on Windows 10.

I can’t swipe these away if they aren’t relevant to me like I can in Windows notifications; if I click and drag the ad moves around my monitor to a different screen.

It’d be nice to be able to choose whether I want ads delivered through this new system or the old one; using system notifications allows me to pause notifications using Focus assist or when screen sharing. I don’t see any preferences or controls for these new notifications.

Other problems here are that these new notifications don’t go away (or to a notification center for later review), and they’re always on top. Makes me want to turn off the entire system if it’s going to be like this going forward.

@zshall,
These will be the new ad notifications going forward. In future releases, we will add preferences/additional controls for users to manage these.

The point of displaying the ads is for you to see them, not for them to be tucked away in the notification center (for example). Simply click the x to close the ad and/or drag the ad to a preferred position/monitor

Fair enough; thanks for the reply! Now that I’ve used it for a day and realized that they’ll always show up in the same spot I’ve been able to move the ads off of the monitor I use for screen sharing, eliminating the biggest annoyance I was running into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.