Cannot turn on browser notifications to see ads for rewards

I do not receive ads even though I picked maximum option. After lurking on this forum, I saw that issue could be in that there are no notifications from Brave. But in System > Notifications when i scroll down to see the list of apps, Brave is not present. I found that the issue could be in that Windows doesn’t show notifications for apps that don’t have shortcuts in ProgramData /[…]/StartMenu/Programs, but Brave does have a shortcut there.

UPDATE: I managed to turn on notifications but A: I still don’t see them. IIRC Youtube notifies you of some new videos sometimes but i don’t see that, even though notifications are turned on in windows and browser.

@Helios1 Well, you’re not going to have notifications in the Brave browser. Occasionally they will have small ads on the bottom left or so of your New Tab page but it’s not as frequent as one might like. As for the Windows Notifications, they don’t come through too frequently either but you should see them in your Notification tray. If you aren’t, one of the first things I’d suggest is for you to check that you don’t have Focus Assist on.

You’ll see here that there’s the one toggle to turn Focus Assist on or off, but then below there’s additional settings to turn off in regards to “Automatic Rules.” If you haven’t toggled Automatic Rules off, then it is able to turn itself on even though you’ve shut it off. When Focus Assist turns on, it will block all Brave ads.

The other thing I had to do to make sure ads came through was go to Notifications (bottom right of the screen), click on it, then Manage Notifications on the top right of the window that pops up. (There might be better ways to it, but it’s how I do.) Then scroll down and click on Brave under “Get Notifications from these senders”

Once you do that, you’ll be looking at a window like you can see in the screenshot below. I toggled off the banners because they got annoying, but as long as it shows in the system tray, you’re good. Just make sure Notifications are on and you’re not having it hidden/muted.

I’ve met a lot of people who have had this one little issue which stopped them from anything on Windows to be able to see.

Oh, btw, you didn’t mention if you have VPN or anything. But also make sure that your Time Zone (Locale) matches your IP Address. If those don’t match, you don’t get ads either.

Done that. Still not working.
Uploading Brave notification settings, notification settings and focus assist

@Helios1 Well, phooey. At least was able to rule that part out. Focused there because you mentioned no notifications. Guess let’s ask the simple common sense stuff really quick just because. Also will post another comment here below of info I know moderators and all usually need. If you check the common sense stuff and see no change, probably going to have to update with the information and contact the mods so they can check if any issues on the back end…such as if you might have been flagged for some reason.

1. Is Brave up to date? It should be something like
    Version 1.34.81 Chromium: 97.0.4692.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

2. Do you have Brave Rewards turned on and have it set to show you ads? (you can choose to see 0 ads per hour or up to 10).

3. Is your Locale/Region and language set to the same as your IP address says you’re at?

4. Have you tried to clear cache?

5. Umm, this is really multiple at once and some of them kind of taken care of already, but official thing of issues that can prevent ads can be seen at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360055013431-Why-don-t-I-see-any-Brave-Ads-after-enabling-them-

6. Guess just random…if you look in Brave Rewards does it show you’ve seen ads or say 0? I know it’s silly to ask but was once someone who said they hadn’t seen them but when they checked, the Browser had listed like they did even though they hadn’t realized. So kind of making sure they are the same.

So usually when creating posts, there’s a template…at least under some channels. I’ll post that below in case you want to provide info here. But first…to check if you’re flagged and that your wallet seems good, you’ll want to DM @steeven, @SaltyBanana , or @Mattches with the information below (Realizing it may take time to get back to you, they handle hundreds, if not thousands of messages and posts each day)

• Copy/paste your Wallet ID (found on brave://rewards-internals )
  • Your OS and Brave version (first three lines in brave://version )
  • A screenshot of your Rewards panel in Settings --> Brave Rewards .

So that bit above, leave in their inbox and don’t post here. The below is what they also sometimes like to ask to help with troubleshooting and answers on the client side, which you would want to share here like in your original post or I guess a follow-up comment

Please ensure that you’ve read through the following topics/pages thoroughly before opening a topic as your question may have already been answered:

Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue:

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)

What date did you verify your wallet?

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?

Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?

Have you manually turned off Auto-contribute on all of your devices linked to Uphold??

I don’t think that my wallet is flagged because I only recently created it.
As for common sense questions:
3. I don’t know how to show it but I think my IP matches my region.
4. No I haven’t.
5. Unless I missed something I’ve checked everything from this list.

Also just in case - is verifying wallet necessary? Uphold requires minimum amount of BATs while Gemini is not supported in my region.

@Helios1,
Can you tell me how recently you created your wallet?
Also, regarding

Verifying is not necessary to earn Rewards — however, in order to withdraw them/use them outside of the browser, you do need to have your wallet verified with a custodial account. Please note that the minimum BAT balance can be bypassed if you already have an existing, KYC’d custodial account.

i can’t find exact date, but i created wallet either a week ago or a month+ ago.
I’ve been using brave without it for years though.

Can you please send me a DM with your wallet payment ID, found on your brave://rewards-internals page?
Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.