Suspicious activity in Brave temporary files

Hello, I am posting here because my AntiVirus detected a suspicious file in the following path: C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ BraveSoftware \ Brave-Browser \ User Data \ Default \ Cache . I don’t know what this is due to but I am thinking of a false positive, although my Anti-virus considers the file in question to be dangerous. I can optionally transmit the digital fingerprint if necessary. Thanks for your help.

@Lushketchup8624,
This happens from time to time and is almost always a false positive. You might try clearing your browsers cache/data and see if the issue persists. Additionally, what anti-virus is reporting this?

Could be a malicious, inadvertent download; or malicious JavaScript from someplace. Or as Mattches mentioned, possibly a false positive.

In addition to the above you could try uploading it to VirusTotal and see what other AV engines think of it.

2 Likes

I actually came back here to suggest checking virus total but you beat me to it!

1 Like

To make it unanimous, I, too, am a Virus Total fan. Amazing free tool, and the output is delivered via intuitive UI.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.