AntiVirus found a weird file inside my Brave install folder

Hey guys. So I have been using Brave for months now. I have had Kaspersky installed for over 2 years. Today I just ran a full scan (been months since I last did) and it came up with a weird file inside of the Brave userdata files. Is this some false positive? This never came up before when I scanned…
Does anyone know what it could be? Should I delete it?

I also go it:

10.06.2020 11.00.25;Detected object (file) not processed;C:\Users\TwixBunnyJujuBean\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\cpoalefficncklhjfpglfiplenlpccdb\1.0.11\tor-0.3.5.10-win32-brave-0;C:\Users\TwixBunnyJujuBean\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\cpoalefficncklhjfpglfiplenlpccdb\1.0.11\tor-0.3.5.10-win32-brave-0;not-a-virus:NetTool.Win32.TorTool.bte;Legitimate software that can be used by criminals to damage your computer or personal data;06/10/2020 11:00:25

Some initial digging seems to indicate that this is a false positive, but historically, this should have been fixed. Is something else going on?

I just need to know if this is a vulnerability that Kaspersky is trying to warn me of, or if this is merely Kaspersky not playing nice-nice with something.

Same problem here. Did you find anything about it?

Nope. Nothing. I have just put the file in quarantine so I can easily restore it. No adverse effects on the browser it seems like.
What antivirus are you using? Did you also just run a scan and find this file?

I dont think u need to do that there is no bug

Update. This has happened to my friend too. He uses AVG anti virus and it flagged the same thing in the Brave files after a full scan.

I would recommend deleting the file. I did that 2 months ago and nothing bad happened.
My only concern is that I will never know is that was actually malware or not

Hello everyone

i think from the file name it related to the tor option that you can use in private window

try to check it using this site https://www.virustotal.com/ and please share the result if you do not mind

it has many antivirus engine and it can give more details about the issue

but from my humble opinion it’s false positive

AFAIK is a false positive:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.