Searching results are so bad

I find myself on multiple occasion just switching back to a different search engine because the results vary so randomly.

Personally, in 100 searches only once I go back to google/bing

At the start (last year), I used to go back to google/bing 10 times out of 100.

The search results have greatly improved from my observation.

1.) Are you searching from non-US region like france.
If so, then change your region from search settings to france

2.) Are you searching from non-English language like french
If so, then change search language to french.

3.) You can turn On anonymous local result for greater accuracy of searches related to maps.

4.) You can turn On google fallback mixing from search settings. It greatly improves search results by 2x. (there might be privacy related problem with this feature)

Hi

On my end, I am personally very satisfied with Brave search engine; It is improving day by day. In addition, when ‘google fallback mixing’ is enabled, it searches for you in google without compromising your privacy. Moreover, when ‘Discussion’ is on, it exhibits what is being discussed recently on the topic.
I use less and less google search.

Let me begin with I am so glad it is working for you. I am happy that it is a great thing for others, maybe it is me and the stuff I search. Example " NFL injury history 2021 season" Brave pumps out a article from 2012. I mean you’re not even close to the target.

What’s interesting is just using at default, it seems to be hit or miss for people. So I went ahead and did a copy/paste of what you said there. My results are as follows:

But we have had some results shared by people that were way far off the mark. Personally, I stopped using Brave Search because it wasn’t hitting as accurately and specifically as I needed yet. They are starting to get better, but it takes time.