Screen Refresh Rate Optimization

Hey there.

I recently got Brave on my phone after using it on the Desktop for a long time. The only issue I have noticed is that it doesn’t support higher refresh rates which honestly makes browsing, scrolling and navigating quite clunky at times, especially for phone users who are used to navigating their phones at higher refresh rate (e.g 90/120/144hz). This is something that a few other browsers have but they’re not the brave browser so I don’t want them! :grin:

A lot of android users phones (even more so recently) have the capability of browsing through many apps and their phones UI very smoothly and I think being able to do that while using brave would be the cherry on top of the icing. The browser’s speeds are impeccable already but this does sometimes feel hindered by the lower locked 60hz refresh rate that the browser currently maxes out at.

I’m really looking forward to a response from the team and am hoping this can be implemented soon :slight_smile:

I appreciate the time you take to read this and any replies here after.

Keep on Bravely Browsing

Many thanks,
M0NST3R

@M0NST3R,
Thank you for reaching out and for your feedback. Can you please tell me what type of Android device you’re using?

Testing on my Fold 3, which does 120hz. Using the UFO Test, Both Chrome, Brave and Firefox cap out at 60hz on it.

Hi there. I’m using a OnePlus 9 Pro 8GB ram 128gb storage. It’s currently running Oxygen OS 13.

1 Like