Compatibility with 120 HZ Refresh Rate

Brave currently only shows 60 HZ when running on a 120 HZ screen. I came to realize this as everything felt sluggish and then went to the chrome browser for comparison. Chrome was much smoother.

My test on https://www.testufo.com/ confirmed this. While chromes runs with 120 HZ, Brave was only using 60 HZ.

I love Brave, so please add the compatibility with 120 HZ Refresh Rate.

1 Like

Having the same issue, this is the deal breaker

Just wanted to chime in that I would love for this feature to be implemented too! The Brave app is currently the only app on my phone that doesnt support 120hz

Just got a OnePlus 9 Pro and there’s a clear difference between Brave and Chrome. Chrome is so much smoother.

Please fix this Brave!

Nowadays is a important feature in better phones please fix this!

Use an app like AutoHz (from Playstore) if you’re on Samsung or OnePlus to force brave to run at 120/90Hz it’s because of OnePlus/Samsung locking the refresh rate to 60 not because of brave not supporting it.

I confirm on Realme GT Master. Chrome works at 120 Hz and Brave does not. Please fix it

The issue is that some manufacturers have a list of software that are unlocked for a high refresh rate usage. The issue in GH is here https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/13462, I pinged OnePlus to add Brave. Feel free to go to other vendors support channels.

My phone has 90hz screen. The Brave app does run at 90 fps, but it doesn’t render webpages at 90fps.

Brave browser UFO test

But Firefox works fine.

Firefox UFO test

Chrome and Vivaldi also have this issue.

Chrome UFO test
Vivaldi UFO test

So it can be said that this problem is due to chromium rather than Brave. But it’ll be great if Brave can fix it.

@Invetor It is your device issue, actually, not Chromium. I have used numerous 90-hertz phones and Chrome used to work fine in 90 Hz. The first thing I did after getting my first 90-hertz smartphone was this UFO test in Google Chrome. xD

Does Brave render webpages at 90 fps on your phone? That is, is scrolling webpages as smooth as scrolling the settings and other UI?

Yes, it was rendering webpages at 90 FPS. That’s why UFO Test was also showing 90 Hz in its test. I don’t have an 90Hz device anymore.

Currently having devices with 120 Hz and they work fine with Brave and other browsers.

1 Like

Okay I’ll try forcing 90hz using adb.

An update came to my phone last night. After updating, Brave is running smoothly.

Brave running at 90fps

ig it was my phone manufacturer’s fault then…