Saved passwords wiped

So I left the machine - running Brave 1.20.110 on MacOs High Sierra - for lunch, only to return to find that during its sleep, all the saved passwords wiped. Everything.
Now while this is annoying, I also cannot seem to get them to re-save.
So;

1. How did this happen?
  2. Is there a security issue, ie.,a phishing attack by a malevolent party, and if so, what to do about it?
  3. What’s the best solution to this?

Brave 1.20.110

On MacOs High Sierra.

I also recently had all of my passwords wiped. I’m on Windows v1.21.77. The other issue I noticed is that my sync settings were completely turned off and they do not stay on. Meaning, I click to sync, leave, come back and its off again. It does show I’m in a sync chain though.

@macnadoodle,
It’s unlikely that this data is removed from your keychain. Can you please try re-adding Brave to safe storage access by performing the following steps:

1. Open Keychain Access.app
  2. Search Brave Safe Storage
  3. Double-click the entry found, click on “Access Control” tab
  4. Press the + button in the bottom-left corner, and find Brave Browser in your /Applications directory
  5. Upon seeing Brave Browser added to the list, click Save Changes and enter your password
  6. Re-launch Brave

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.