Retrieving brave account back from a stolen laptop

My last laptop got stolen so I was trying to figure out how to get my brave account back
The version of brave on my stolen laptop was v1.45. My laptop was an asus rog strix laptop. I will provide all the informations about my stolen laptop to get my account back.
So is there a way to get back my ““account”” , I really need the information that was in the ""account “” of my brave browser on the stolen laptop.

1 Like

No such thing as a Brave account. Everything is stored on your device and only bare essential information reported from it to Brave. But as you know, there’s no acount with name and password or anything.

If you have any devices connected to the same Sync chain as that laptop, then you can create a Browser Support Ticket where you provide information from brave://sync-internals (they will need your Username from it) and request it be deleted. They will then delete the sync chain. The second option in reporting and requesting your information be deleted would be [email protected] though they need the same exact informatio, which is screenshot of Sync Internals and the Username on it.

However, it’s also important to note that they won’t be able to delete your information from the browser. This means you’ll need to change all your usernames and passwords that you had saved, if you think whoever stole your laptop might be able to access it. I’d actually get started on this process ASAP if you haven’t already.

NOTE

Once you get the info and take a screenshot of your Sync Internals page, assuming you have a secondary device attached to the same sync, you’ll want to make sure you remove all existing devices from that sync chain and you start a new chain. If you change passwords or other info but save it to the old chain, then you’d be just updating and providing new info to whoever stole your laptop.

So without sync there is no way to get back my informations ?

No. If you had some bookmarks, extensions and stuff imported from Chrome on that device, so if you had backed up Chrome then there’s some chance that you may be able to retrieve some data.