Region not supported error GEMINI

I’m from Malaysia, not supported. Before this, it was supported. Help

Nothing can we do other than waiting to be supported.
Only Gemini can do anything regarding this.

from India cannot linik brave to gemini wallet
today got identity verified on gemin

1 Like

Read above post for clarification

1 Like

Hi Team,

I am from INDIA even I am also getting Error: Region not supported message while Verifying my account with gemini. Please do the needful help .

Why i am getting this error?

Error: Region not supported

Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards cannot be verified because your region is not supported for Brave Rewards verification at this time.

Yes, there was changes. If you read link below, ONLY the countries listed are supported on Gemini now. India IS NOT one of those countries.

1 Like

Gemini and uphold also didn’t support in Bangladesh

Hi Team,

Thanks for your quick response. What about uphold exchange. Is that uphold exchange support INDIA region ? Please help me on this so that I can take the decision whether I have to use BRAVE browser furthermore.

BRAVE currently support only two exchange. So, it’s important for me to get the right information from your side because I am spending more time to view the ads pushing from your side. I hope your team will help me to take right decision.

Please do the needful help Thanks a lot for your support.

I am not sure, to be blunt. India is not part of the unsupported regions, HOWEVER, they also are not listed in the regions which can do banking. So if Uphold lets you create an account, it sounds like you would not be able to send or receive anything from your bank account.

There were some others from India recently who said Uphold advised they could not offer them an account at this time. It is because of this that I think India also is not being accepted, but I would need to hear it directly from Uphold or to continue seeing users (such as yourself) try to create an account and be denied before I can say it with absolute certainty.

Correct. They are looking to add more later, but we don’t know when that will happen. ANy places that are currently unable to have Gemini or Uphold accounts will still be able to view ads and earn BAT. The only difference is you will only be able to use that BAT to tip content creators and won’t be able to use it outside of Brave. Otherwise, you’d have to continue to save the BAT in your browser until you are able to attach to a custodial wallet in the future. That is up to you. Of course, you can always turn off Brave Ads if you like and you’ll still benefit from the adblocking and privacy protections that Brave has to offer without having to see the ads/notifications.

I am also facing the same issue.
I am from India.

Contacted Gemini support and got reply from them.

Its not Gemini issue , its brave issue.

1 Like

if you had done that on uphold you will know that uphold takes commission from users without telling them
so if you are converting bat to xrp you are paying more bat and getting less xrp
try this and check ,you’ll know
and for your information brave is MOSTLY popular because of rewards not features
i said mostly
without rewards and referral system brave wont be this popular XD

To bring some clarification, I will add that-

1. Only Gemini’s integration with Brave Rewards is restricted in India. Users can separatly create, verify and use Gemini account in India.

And I think this restriction is just an internal integration issue-

2. Brave Rewards can still be verified with Uphold, no restrictions there except that Uphold does not offer Bank deposits and withdrawals in India.

About Uphold, I will agree with Suhbz that Uphold indirectly charges about 2% fee for non-US regions, by keeping their conversion spread high.

So whatever BATs go to Uphold, about 2% of it will have to be given to Uphold on transfer/conversion.

1 Like

Problem with Uphold account.
Many people are facing same issue.

Uphold can’t continue to offer me an account

Thanks for reply, Hope India Get listed In supported country

1 Like

Brave Team, this REALLY sucks!!!

I moved from Uphold to Gemini because I couldn’t get past the “re-activation limit” of 4x when using Brave-Uphold, and with Gemini I could re-activate it without any issue. All was well.
This weekend I needed to re-activate Brave-Gemini and guess what? NOW, my region is not supported (Brazil region here and it’s not on that country list)!!! What the flop, Brave Team!!

I believe that, as a lot of other people that jumped into the Brave hype, we did it because of the BAT tokens (although many will say that it was because of the other features), but it gets harder every time to get it.

So my “suggestion” to Brave Team: instead of new features, trying to make this great browser outshine the other kids on the block, focus on fixing what should work seamless in the first place!!! Like being able to retrieve our earned BAT tokens in a effortless way.

4 Likes

Showing the same problem for me, I tried reinstall, remain same problem

I’m also facing this problem

Everyone, please see this list of supported regions:

2 Likes

Uphold too is gone from India after Gemini. I think it’s because India’s announcement of taxing “virtual digital assets” and some of it’s provision will be coming in effect from July 1.

I am sad. :frowning_face:

1 Like

Uphold and Gemini Bangladesh region not supported

1 Like