Problem with downloads

I’m having trouble downloading from some sites. I get a “Hotlink protection active. Download from original site.” error message. How can I fix this?

I’m using the latest stable build of Brave if it helps with anything.

1 Like

Hello @Drancia

could you share link to the site

and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

The site is https://uploadhaven.com/ I can’t download anything from it.

1 Like

the problem that i can not test it as it say this

We’re sorry, but unregistered user uploads have been temporarily disabled. If you have an account with us, please login to continue uploading.

and this also

REGISTRATION IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED

We’re sorry, but new account registrations are temporarily not permitted. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. If you’re a current user, though, you can still login. We hope to restore registrations in the very near future.

so i can not check the download option

1 Like

That’s weird. I can still make downloads from that page with Microsoft edge but not Brave and I’m not a registered user.

1 Like

that cause you have link to the thing you want to download but you shared only the link to the site not to the actual content

and i can not ask you for that link as it could be personal or private stuff

1 Like

Random link with same problem of hotlink protection

1 Like

the link you shared is error page link

let me ask one of the team to help you @fanboynz

and have a nice day both of you

1 Like

The link was for the download of a file but once you enter the page it loads the error.

1 Like

i got that but to check it i need a link to something i can download to see if it in the browser or there some setting

by the way did you tried to disable shield

1 Like

I’ve tried to disable all security settings and the page still gave me the error message.

1 Like

ok then let us wait to see what the team recommend about that and have a nice day

1 Like

This is used by sites to prevent direct linking to a site, a server side issue (rather than an Brave or browser issue)

1 Like

The issue only happens in brave. I don’t have the issue with any other browser.

1 Like

Send me a link where it breaks in Brave, and I’ll test

1 Like

Here’s a few:

Non of these links worked for me and gave me the hotlink protection error.

1 Like

These links are just showing as “error” (in Brave and Chrome)

1 Like

Screenshot of the error on brave and one working on Microsoft Edge.

1 Like

Using the link provided. I get the same Hotlink protection error on various browsers.

Testing in Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Brave

I don’t get the error on edge. Guess I’ll use edge for downloads then.