Hi everyone,

about two weeks ago, I noticed that certain website cannot be accessed anymore (e.g., When trying to access these sites, I always get an privacy error with the following error: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID.

I thought that this is maybe the problem of one CA, but the I have the problem with multiple issuers (e.g., DigiCert TLS RSA SHA256 2020 CA1, RapidSSL ECC CA 2018, GeoTrust RSA CA 2018).

I have applied the updates and nothing seems to help. Is this a known issue (I couldn’t really find anything)? What can I do about it?

Thanks a lot!

@katzenjammer Hi and welcome to the community.

I did not get an error when I accessed your example website in any of the Brave distributions (Release, Beta, Nightly) installed on my win10 desktop.

Since you are getting this error on multiple websites, try clearing your cookies/cache for All time at brave://settings/clearBrowserData. You should exit and reopen the browser after clearing the browser data.


If this does not work, open a new private window and see if the behavior still occurs. If you do not get the error and you have extensions installed, it may be an extension causing problems. Try disabling all extensions and then test if the behavior still occurs.

Please post an update. If neither of the above works, please post your OS and Brave versions found at brave://version. It may help troubleshoot. Take care. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Chocoholic thanks a lot for your detailed instructions. Unfortunately, nothing worked. Even in a new private window, the behavior still occurs.

My OS:
macOS Monterey (Version 12.2.1)

Brave Version:

Brave	1.46.144 Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Official Build) (arm64) 
Revision	1cd27afdb8e5d057070c0961e04c490d2aca1aa0-refs/branch-heads/5359@{#1185}
OS	macOS Version 12.2.1 (Build 21D62)
JavaScript	V8
User agent	Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/ Safari/537.36
Command Line	/Applications/Brave Browser --disable-domain-reliability --enable-dom-distiller --component-updater=url-source= --origin-trial-public-key=bYUKPJoPnCxeNvu72j4EmPuK7tr1PAC7SHh8ld9Mw3E=,fMS4mpO6buLQ/QMd+zJmxzty/VQ6B1EUZqoCU04zoRU= --sync-url= --lso-url=https://no-thanks.invalid --variations-server-url= --variations-insecure-server-url= --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
Executable Path	/Applications/Brave Browser
Profile Path	/Users/uname/Library/Application Support/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Default
Linker	lld

Update I updated my OS to 13.1. That solved the problem. Thanks a lot for all your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.