Privacy Error - Let’sEncrypt DST Root CA X3 Expiration Issue

Form Today (01-10-21) all the website that’s using the Let’s Encrypt Root CA Certificate showing

# Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from website_name (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

HOW TO FIXED THIS ISSUE? OR Automated Root Certificate Update

3 Likes

I’d also like to know how to fix this issue. It’s going to make Brave basically unusable for me if it can’t be fixed, and I really don’t want to go back to using Firefox.

2 Likes

I would like to know the answer to this too.

I could not even get to Brave.com using Brave. I’m on Firefox just to access Brave.com

These are not sites with security issues. THEY are fine.
This is across HUNDREDS of sites that I suddenly have “security” issues with.

1 Like

Follow this @BitByBitBert @Mark @fofkla

I think I tried nearly everything on my Windows 7, updated brave to latest version (1.30), installed three certificates (ISRG Root X1, ISRG Root X2, Identrust Commercial Root CA 1), cleared certificates cache, delete the old X3 cert. Rebooted computer. Nothing, absolutely nothing works. I think it isn’t my fault.

Maybe one of these will help?

Also please make sure you do have automatic root certificate updates enabled and working.

This might help also. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/support-for-urgent-trusted-root-updates-for-windows-root-certificate-program-in-windows-a4ac4d6c-7c62-3b6e-dfd2-377982bf3ea5

Thanks. Irony: could not access this in Brave.

I cannot find automatic root certificate updating. Where is it?

Attn: NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error on All Sites - #26 by Barnycc

Good to see I’m not alone. Had to use Firefox to even see this forum at all…
If this isnt corrected soon, I’ll just have to use another broswer. At least 50% of sites are blocked by Brave

1 Like

Technically it isn’t ‘Brave’ breaking things, it’s a consequence of using outdated software and not updating it.

There is a workaround in this thread: NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID Error on All Sites

If you update your root certificates per the advice in that thread then you should be able to get past it (until next time there’s a major certificate authority expiry).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.