Description of the issue
Once logged-in to the Pocket Casts website (podcast player), the entire page goes white.
- Refreshing the page immediately does not fix the issue.
- Cycling “shields up” (or down) does not fix the issue.
- Refreshing the page after changing Shields up/down does not fix the issue.
- Restarting the machine does not fix the issue.
- Switching from macOS to Linux on boot (update: or seperate device) does not fix the issue.
- The same web page works fine in Safari and Firefox
Exact URL of the website in question
[note: to verify this URL, an account with Pocket Casts is likely needed. 7-day trial accounts are available.]
Did the issue present with default Shields settings?
[Default states are: Block: Ads/Trackers, 3rd Party Cookies, 3rd Party Fingerprinting Allow: Encrypt Connections enabled (HTTPS), Scripts] (yes/no)
Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off? (yes/no)
NO (sometimes yes for a few seconds, until any link is clicked or page is refreshed, and then the DOM just shows pure white)
Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no)
YES, all configurations
Does the site function as expected when using Chrome? (yes/no)
Website (exact URL tested to be sure) works great with Firefox (macOS and Linux) and Safari (macOS and iOS)
I do not use Chrome and will not install Chrome.
What Operating System and Brave version/Build are you using when you encounter the issue?(See the
About Brave page in the main menu)
- macOS v.10.14.4 (18E226), with Brave Version 0.63.55 [Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)]
- Ubuntu Studio Linux (v.unk), with Brave Brave Version 0.63.55 [Chromium: 74.0.3729.131 (Official Build) (64-bit)]