Please help! How do I transfer rewards from mobile to laptop account?

I have an account on my phone and laptop, how do i transfer rewards funds from my mobile to laptop account with brave?

I have looked but can’t see anything on how to do this, any would be appreciated, thank you! :slight_smile:

You can’t. Brave simply has not built in this function. There is also no way to backup a wallet on mobile. Please keep this in mind when you use Brave.

2 Likes

Okay thank you for letting me know, as I couldn’t find this information.
Is there a way to sync the mobile and account on the laptop? as I thought I did this a while back and they have different total amounts earned.

Again no. There is no way to sync Brave reward amounts between desktop and mobile installations. Every mobile installation is completely stand-alone.

Hope that helped.

2 Likes

Okay, thank you so much. Do you know if there’s a limit to how long you can wait until you request a payment for the rewards? or can you wait as long as you want to? e.g. do you have only a month until you loose your rewards and have to start over?

I’m not sure if I know what you are referring to. As a Brave user you cannot request any payments. You get a certain amount of BAT (dekstop or mobile) or you change some bucks into BAT and they get added to your wallet (that’s only possible for desktop wallets though). But there is no way to request any BAT to have them converted back to dollars.

Or do you mean something completely else and I don’t get it?

1 Like

Hey, sorry for being confusing. Brave Rewards was advertised as a way for you to get paid for viewing adverts. I have built up brave rewards (only a small amount though) and wondered how to get ‘paid’ for with the rewards I earned through viewing adverts? Can I convert rewards into money that can go straight into my bank account? I’m not sure how this works, but Brave made it look like it was straight forward to get paid for viewing adverts. Thanks for the help :slightly_smiling_face:

@Emma the ability to earn from Brave Ads is for now only available for desktop, on supported regions. FAQ: Why am I not seeing Brave Ads?

And BAT that you earned will be deposited to your brave://rewards wallet around 5th, every month. But, you not able to withdraw it – transfer to external wallet – yet. The team is working on it.

Let me know if it’s still unclear.
Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to make this clear to me, So are you saying Brave Rewards only work on desktop (in supported regions) and not phones? But any rewards/BAT that’s in the desktop Brave ‘wallet’ cannot be used until Brave has resolved this issue? as I don’t want to waste time looking at adverts if it doesn’t work.

I mean Brave Ads. Brave Rewards (tipping and auto-contribution feature is available worldwide, both on desktop and Android – iOS soon).

You can use BAT that you earned to support creators via Brave Rewards (tipping or auto-contribution)

Or you can hold/keep it until the team implement withdraw functionality.

1 Like

Let me summarize:

You earn rewards for watching ads only on desktop. On mobile you will only get rewards as a gift from time to time. And you cannot transfer rewards from desktop to mobile.

1 Like

Thank you for taking your time to explain, I understand now that currently Brave Rewards function is to giveaway your rewards to websites by viewing adverts to help support them.

3 Likes