Pictures and other things being blocked out

Description of the issue:
A bunch of things are being blacked or whited out. I don’t know why and I’ve tried a bunch of things to fix it. I’m on the most recent version (1.24.84). It seems to be almost exclusively pictures. Except the individual description so of the windows. At first, I thought Brave might have been just blocking pictures from loading (as it does sometimes) but this can’t be fixed by turning of shields.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
Just use Brave. It’s happening all the time and just about everywhere.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Below: It’s even whiting out the normal pictures that pop up. I highlighted it to show the watermark of the pic cred.

Can’t show due to 4 picture limit but the Brave Comunity logo is also blacked out on this page.

Expected result:
I don’t really know what to put here. For things not to be blacked out?

Reproduces how often:
Everywhere and anywhere. I’ve tried quitting and restarting Brave and restarting my computer but neither has done the trick. The only thing I haven’t done is uninstall and reinstall Brave.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I’m using an M1 Mac mini of Big Sur 11.2.3. Brave version is 1.24.84.

Additional Information:
It’s been going on for probably about 3 weeks and I’ve updated Brave at least twice since it started and it still hasn’t been resolved.

Hey @Cree ! Welcome to the community :slight_smile:

Do you happen to have any extensions installed? Can you try clearing out your cache as well?

Kind regards,

Porridge

Hey again @Cree ,

Can you try disabling Hardware Acceleration in settings to see if this resolves the issue?

You’ll find this in Settings --> Additional Settings --> System --> Hardware Acceleration

I didn’t see your first message but turning off Hardware Acceleration, so far, has fixed it. Thank you!! Thanks for the timely reply also.

1 Like