Outlook 2013 link View in browser (.mht file) opens in plain text

Description of the issue:
Newsletters sent to my Outlook 2013 client come with a link “View in browser”. Originally Outlook opens it in Internet Explorer. After a lot of searches I finally managed to get Outlook to open this in Brave, which is my default browser.
But… It opens on a new page in plain text in stead of a nicely formatted webpage.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
I don’t know. It does so on my computer.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Every time.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1903
Brave Versie 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

how did you get brave to open links? (mhtm/mhtml files)
i’m stuck with them always opening in ie and i need to change it.

@nenie777,
On your Windows system, search for a system setting called Choose default apps by file type, find the desired file type and change the application to Brave.

@Battum,
Just out of curiosity, can you try downloading the .mht file and then opening it in Brave? I’d just like to test if its an issue with the link itself, the file, or Brave. On my end, I was able to download some .mht files and open them in browser with them displaying correctly.

my only option is IE or find an app in the store.
i do not have chrome installed
so far everything else opens in brave without issue, pdf’s etc.
but not links in email
thx

I’m not sure. I tried several things and suddenly it opened in Brave. Can’t reproduce it though, sorry.

Saving mht and opening that in Brave gives the same result: plain text.

@Battum,
It would be very helpful for us if you could test this out using Chrome or Chromium and see if you get the same results. You wouldn’t have to keep these installed on your machine (obviously) – it’s purely for testing purposes.

Chrome is working ok. Firefox opens a lot of tabs (I think 1 tab per line), so I killed that.

Using a sample mht file from https://www.fileformat.info/format/mime-html/sample/index.htm I tried a few of them Brave vs Chrome, seemed okay?

Maybe Shields down may help?

Strange… The examples you sent are ok, by the newsletter is not.
Also not when Shields are down.
I could send you the newsletter, but don’t know how to add this in this post?

google drive / dropbox?

I don’t think that will work. The newsletter is a mail that’s in my inbox and Outlook offers to open it in a browser. So the only way to test it is to send that mail to you or anyone.

Anyone??? :unamused:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.