Out-of-browser protocol & interactions (discord login/invite hands-off and roblox web protocol) didn't work properly on brave

Description of the issue:
so as usual, I went to roblox to play some games (because i can’t get real games running on a walmart laptop obviously) and when i click on the play button it will not launch. It looks like its going to launch but it didn’t, i checked task manager and launched it again and yes roblox did launch but a few seconds later robloxplayerbeta.exe from task manager mysteriously die.
i reinstalled roblox and it still didn’t work, but after a while I tried launching roblox from chrome and it did work, there must be something wrong.
this is also the case for discord, when i accept an invite via browser (brave) it did not beam the info to discord’s standalone app, same for login hand-off.
for those that don’t know what I’m talking about, it’s this web protocol I’m having issues with.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. get a roblox account and install the client
  2. join a game
  3. after observing this you may uninstall the client and abandon the account.

Expected result:
it will look like its launching but it doesn’t launch at all

red means that it is recently terminated.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.