Brave won't start: Status_breakpoint

Description of the issue:
At first it was something I’d normally do like browse twitter, discord and NationStates while having some Youtube music playlist playing in the other tabs, and then my Google Docs offline plugin and my BTRoblox plugin are simultaneously crashing even after i restarted those plugins.
And then when i switched tabs from Youtube to Discord it gave me “Status_Breakpoint” error and it says “Aw Snap!” and after that I restarted my browser, it didn’t help when i got back to the browser, same old same old so i restarted my computer hoping that this interruption would end, it didnt.
currently as of writing this, I am using whatever comes from my laptop distributor (firefox) and when i tried to start brave, this happened.

How can this issue be reproduced?
I don’t know what, and how it happened to be honest.
“The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.”

Additional Information:
I saw some people throw their OS versions so
I use the leaked windows 11 (10.0.21996) as main (It’s not a big deal since I will replace my laptop and I like it anyway) and I have the latest brave update. (can’t check because brave won’t start like I said)

Hey @crcl !

AS you are using an official release of Window 11, the issue is more than likely related to their not being supported internal changes in this release of Windows. When it is officially released Brave should have no problems running on it :wink:

Porridge

Going by the error message, the Brave link is missing. @crcl

1. Remove the launcher link icon
  2. Open file explorer to C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application
  3. Right click and drag the Brave icon into your launcher

sorry for the late reply but yeah it works, thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.