Open new Private Tab no longer in the 3 dot menu

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
Open new private tab no longer in the 3 dot menu
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open 3 dot menu
  2. Open new private tab is unavailable

Expected result:
Option is returned
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.64(123)
Mobile Device details
Iphone 7 IOS 15.7.5
Additional Information:
Today I noticed I could no longer open a new private tab in the 3 dot menu. Is this due to an update or is something up with my installation?

@poy did you switch from Android or something? I switched from Android to iPhone over a year ago and can confidently say that there hasn’t been an option in the hamburger menu (the three dot menu) to open in a private tab since I made the switch.

For iPhone version of Brave, you go to private by using the tab switcher button. So the little box that shows number of tabs, you press is and then you see Private on the bottom left. You tap it and it enables private mode. Then you have to do the same thing to exit Private.

Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty sure you’re correct and I’m misremembering. Thanks for confirming that though.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.