Not enough Top Sites on main Browser new page

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1.Top sites on new tab page does not offer enough top sites to list. (6 only)
2. Need to be able to change an icon on the top site instead default.
3.Would like to be able to edit the url for the top site.

Expected result: More top sites and editable

Brave Version( check About Brave): Brand new install latest version.

Additional Information: I am a power user and use a lot more topsites daily

4 Likes

This would be a welcome upgradeā€¦more Top Sites offered and to be able to customize. Thanks Brave!

1 Like

I also would like to see more and editable Top Sites. 6 is really a minimal amount.

1 Like

YES! Need more than 6. In Firefox I have 18 I use regularly. This would be effortless to implement. Seriously.

We have the following additions in the works. that should satisfy your needs:

2 Likes

That great news, exactly what I was looking for today :partying_face:

However, may I share my view that a maximum of 12 icons feels a bit limited.
I would feel comfortable with at least 3 rows (18 icons) and I could use 4 rows (24 icons).
Also, I would ideally make use of the maximum rows (say 5 or 6) in ā€œmost visitedā€ mode and have the ability to pin the first 2 or 3 rows as my favorites. In my case, first 2 rows would be pinned as favorites and the remaining rows populated as ā€œmost visitedā€, but thatā€™s just me I guess.

In any case, Iā€™m looking forward to this code change and want to heartfully thank the devs for the hard work, it clearly is a step in the right direction :heart:

3 Likes

Good addition, but yeah was surprisingly low. Even MySpace had the top 8 friends if memory serves lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.