New Tab instead of New Window

Is there a way to have Brave open a new Tab, instead of always opening a new window when I click on a URL or have it “open with Brave”? I poked around a bit, but haven’t found this option, though I’m pretty sure that I’ve over looked it.

Cheers.

@TallTrees,
Hold Cmd + Click to open any link in a new tab:

1 Like

That’s from a source within Brave. I’m talking about an external source like email, a document or another application. Brave always opens a new window, instead of a new tab.

@TallTrees,
Oh I see what you’re saying – my bad for the confusion.
If Brave is set to your Default browser, it should open external links in a new tab if you have a Brave window already open. For example, using the built-in Mail app on macOS, clicking a link (Amazon, in this case) from within the email client, opens the link in a new tab on my already open browser window:

1 Like

Not set as my default browser app, but it’s always launched, with a window open.

@TallTrees,
Can you try setting it to your default just to test and see if that’s what is needed to get the desired behavior?

1 Like

Setting Brave to the Default browser, appears to have resolved the issue. But, I don’t want to use Brave as my default browser. :slight_smile: It would be great to have external links open in a new tab in the existing Brave window, when I send something to Brave.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.