Missing Profile Button

Description of the issue:

I can’t seem to find the profile button on the browser to add new profiles.

How can this issue be reproduced?

I don’t really know. I just downloaded the latest version the other day and I went through the steps to set the browser up.

Expected result:

A profile button on the top right of the browser bar (next to the menu button).

Brave Version:

Version 1.0.0 Chromium: 78.0.3904.97 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:

I’ve looked through some posts with pictures, and it seems like other people have the manage profile button near the three lines (menu) button on the top right of the browser. I don’t seem to have that.

I’ve tried searching “profile” in the settings search bar. All I am getting is a “Get started” section saying “profile name and icon” which only allows me to edit a name and icon image. It doesn’t show anything to create a new profile. I also can’t seem to find that profile name or icon anywhere else in the browser. I also tried searching “manage profile” and it showed nothing. I tried searching just “manage”, and it showed “manage search engines” and “manage extensions”. There seems to be nothing in the settings about creating new profiles.

Hi! @MisterPurrington,
Thanks for reaching out.

The profile icon will not appears when you only have 1 profile. To create a new Profile, go to Menu > Create a New Profile

Wow, that helps a lot. I must have just missed it. Well, thanks for answering my question! :grinning:

1 Like

Glad to know it helps. I’m closing this thread for now. Feel free to open a new one if you have another questions or issue reports.

Thanks for using Brave.