Missing notification icon in macOS

Description of the issue: When receiving a notification on the latest Brave ARM update, there is no icon in the notification display.
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Receive notifications

Expected result: Supposed to see a Brave browser icon in the notification

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.33.106 Chromium: 96.0.4664.110 (Official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information:

Screenshot:
Screen Shot 2021-12-28 at 12.05.38 PM

yes - and have tried deleting the Brave Browser.app package and re-installing.

great point. It looks like other notifications look fine -

So just the ad notifications it would seem?

For Gmail? No

(And no web app for the brave ad notification either)

@soccerjoshj07,
Just to confirm the behavior here – notifications from Brave appear as intended, but Ads notifications specifically work but don’t have the Brave icon displayed, is that correct? Can you also tell me what version of macOS you’re using?

Yes, ad notifications appear but they don’t have the Brave icon displayed.

macOS 11.6.2 - can’t upgrade to 12 yet b/c of work policy.

I did just recently upgrade from like ~11.2 or 11.3 to 11.6.2 last week or so now that you mention, so that could have caused it too?

Perhaps – I’ve pinged the ads team to check and see if they have any idea why this might be happening.

Looks like we’ve logged an issue for this here:

I just got a notification from a website that I turned on notifications for - and it also didn’t have an icon - so not necessarily all “ad” related (contrary to what I had before with Gmail - the notification type is different it seems)

1 Like

@soccerjoshj07,
Thank you for the information – I’ve included this report/info in the issue listed above for our developers to review.

Looks a little different now that I updated to macOS 12.1, fwiw

Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 7.16.58 AM

Thanks

Maybe this is fixed now?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.