macOS Big Sur - Security- Brave Browser.app seeking to access my protected files, Why?

Description of the issue:

macOS Big Sur ver 11.1 - Security- Brave Browser.app seeking to access my protected files, Why?

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

I am not sure what aspect of “Brave Browser” triggers a need to gain access to my “protected files” because it happens maybe twice a day and is reported in my bitdefender security software. I end up deleting the warning to see if it will happen again and it does. I have now turned off Brave Browser to have access to control my computer in hopes that will work, but then does that limit Brave Browser? I would like to know. I guess I may see the results as things progress. It all seemed to work well in macOS Catalina, but not now.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Safe Files
Feature: Anti-Ransomeware
An app you previously chose to block attempted to access your protected files again.
App: /Applications/Brave Browser.app
We blocked the app to prevent it from altering the content of your protected files.

Expected result:
Would like to not have the security issue in Brave Browser be a problem for my protected files. Is there some code in Brave Browser that is a threat to the community, that has not been noticed before?

Reproduces how often:

Maybe twice a day as I can tell, but that may not be accurate, as I do not always check that often, I have seen it up to 6 warnings though.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
[Version 1.18.70 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (x86_64)]

Additional Information:

Thanks-in-advance for the information regarding this problem.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.