List of multiple tabs instead of cards

SOLVED: go to accessibility in settings and turn off simplified view for open tabs
cred: smartaadi
Today i have noticed that instead of the tabs appearing in cards they appear in a list. It is a very jarring change and I cannot find a way to change it back, if there is that is. I would like an option to change it back. This is on mobile.

This is how it appears now

Go go Settings ā†’ Accessibility and I guess you should see Simplified view for web pages which got toggled on, that is always the reason why Tab layout chanting.

1 Like

I tried toggling it on & off, nothing. Nevermind, I guess that I had to turn off another setting so itā€™d change thanks.

I donā€™t understand your reply, did it work or not? since you didnā€™t mark it as solved or you said ā€˜nothingā€™ but then ā€˜nevermindā€™ I hope it is solved.

I really had no idea if you even get the Simplified view for webpages toggle or not, because now I researched a little and found out about a a weird but expected behavior in Brave, where you need to disable brav://flags/#brave-speedreader in order to get that toggle in Accessibility, once disable it, the tabs layout should come back and then then you can re-enable the flag to get Speedreader on your phone.

I use Nightly so I am never sure what Stable version has or not, besides changelogs and few stuff I see in Braveā€™s GitHub, because I only care about Nightly updates.

But yes, Simplified view for webpages is the only option that has changed tab layout on Android, itā€™s been an issue for months and people need to toggle it off to get the normal layout back.

Sorry, i made that comment & then figured it out so i edited it. Problem solved

Maybe you could say what you did to fix it, since Iā€™ve been having the same problem on and off for a while now, and I havenā€™t figured out how to fix it.

Hey. So you need to go to brave settings ā†’ Accessibility ā†’ Turn off ā€˜Simplified view for Open tabsā€™

If this option is not visible then you need to install an Accessibility app and have it turned on in OS settings. Once you do that, youā€™ll see it as a visible option in the brave settings.

I too was unable to see that option but was able to see it after I installed autoclicker and turned it on in Accessibility.

EMI. You kinda might be a bit wrong
on this one perhaps.

Itā€™s actually ā€˜Simplified view for Open tabsā€™ I guess.

1 Like

@SmartyAadi I use Nightly and it is called Simplified View for web pages on my phone, also you can see it here, exactly what I meant, but it has the same ā€œweb pagesā€ in the title.

But as explained in the issue, you donā€™t need to install an accessibility app, just disable Speedreader flag and the toggle should appear.
I mean, it is a weird expected behavior, but thatā€™s how it is.

but this is the video posted in the issue:

I see. Well, in release version atleast for now is called that. Thanks for the explanation!

Man you saved my day!
I wonder why this toggled on by itself :roll_eyes: it drove me nuts

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.