Intermitte crashes

Description of the issue: Crashes randomly multiple times a day
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open brave - crashes
  2. Looking at pages in brave - crashes
  3. leaving the machine in sleep - crashes

Expected result: not crashing

Brave Version( check About Brave): 1.56.14 Chromium: 115.0.5790.114 (official Build) (arm64)

Additional Information: macOS MAC 13.4.1 (c) 5 diagnostic reports from today, 12 from yesterday. I currently have 27 diagnostic files on my system for crashes.

Event: cpu usage
Event: wakeups
Event: disk writes
Event: cpu usage
Event: wakeups

@Jeff_not_in_NC Brave crashes or your computer crashes? If speaking of Brave, please go to brave://crashes and make sure that they are uploaded. Then copy/paste the Uploaded Crash Report ID here so Support can look into it and/or have the developers try to help figure out what’s going on.

NOTE
If you see Send Now button when you go to brave://crashes, click on it and then you’ll have to close Brave for like 30 seconds to allow them to upload. You’ll then have to go back to brave://crashes and it should show the uploaded crash report ids.

Thanks for the fast reply. Yes, it’s brave that it is crashing and not my machine. Here are the last 3 that I have. The page is showing 50 crashes with 49 from this year.

Crash from Friday, August 4, 2023 at 12:19:35 AM

Uploaded Crash Report ID: 674e0200-79a9-800a-0000-000000000000
Upload Time: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 12:46:07 AM

Crash from Friday, August 4, 2023 at 12:18:25 AM

Uploaded Crash Report ID: 0f480200-79a9-800a-0000-000000000000
Upload Time: Friday, August 4, 2023 at 12:18:26 AM

Crash from Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 11:04:29 PM

Uploaded Crash Report ID: 47ba0000-79a9-800a-0000-000000000000
Upload Time: Wednesday, August 2, 2023 at 11:04:31 PM

Thanks for that, @Jeff_not_in_NC . I’ll tag in @Mattches and hope he can get it over to the teams to look at.

While we wait, don’t forget you can always try some of the basic troubleshooting steps to see if any of them help to resolve. Some of those I’ll list below:

• Open in private window

• Create a new browser profile

• Clear cookies and site data, using All Time for range (usually last resort as it logs you out of everything. Usually two above kind of help rule out issue with cookies)

• Disable antivirus and/or firewall (don’t have to do so permanently, just for testing)

• Toggle Use hardware acceleration when available within Brave’s settings → system (if was on, keep it off and test. If it was off, try with it on)

• If you have changed anything in brave://flags make sure to put it back to default and test.

• Update all your drivers and verify you have the latest updates to browser & OS. (1.56.14 is on patch behind. The current is 1.56.20)

• Download Brave Beta and/or Brave Nightly and see if those also crash or if it works well.

Each of those are essentially a shot in the dark but they help to narrow out a lot of usual issues people have. Just wanted to mention as I know sometimes can take a while for them to come back to mention issues seen on crash reports.

With today being Friday, likelihood is won’t be until next week at the earliest (they don’t often work the weekends). So just wanted to give some potential things to check on and for us to get more information that may assist along with the crash reports. Up to you if you’ll want to mess with any or all of that or if you’ll just want to wait until Support gets back to you.

1 Like

Great support @Saoiray — I would recommend trying all the suggestions he has recommended. I went ahead and forwarded the crash reports to the devs for review.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.