Installer encountered error 0xc0000139

Description of the issue:
Have tried downloading Brave 3 times now with the same results: Brave “installer encountered error 0xc000139.”

How can this issue be reproduced?
Have tried different computers, different days, but the result is always the same - the download never completes!
Getting such an error code isn’t very informative.

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.4.95 (32-bit)

Additional Information:
Trying to download from Filehippo.com; Is there some other download site where the above version can be downloaded from? Is the problem with the installer or on the download site?

Look forward to being able to test Brave on my system as I’ve heard very positive things about it.

What is your Windows version?

Hello eljuno!

I have two older computers which still use Win XP SP3 (HP- Mini & IBM ThinkPad – both are 32-bit machines) and one newer one (Acer Aspire a 64-bit machine) which uses Win 7). The HP-Mini is a dual boot (Win XP SP3 & Linux XenialPup 7.5)

I hope to try Brave on the two older machines initially to see how well Brave works on them.

Thanks for the confirmation. Sadly Windows XP is not supported. https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360021357112-What-are-the-system-requirements-to-install-Brave-

But that is not what your website says:

Hello eljuno!

Here is where I downloaded Brave Browser from:

That’s not Brave official site – brave.com.

And again, per support article linked above, WinXP is not supported. Apologies for the inconveniences.