India is Back as Supported Region for Brave Rewards in Nightly (now in Release)!

Briefly describe your issue:
The custodian is ZebPay. And I already had an account but unfortunately I can’t connect. I tried in Windows and Android both.

This is the error in Windows (similar is in Android also)-

And the event logs show (for both Windows and Android)-

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)

Windows-

Brave 1.58.72 Chromium: 116.0.5845.51 (Official Build) nightly (64-bit)
Revision 6b3ba07135a81960f96e5f337356b6c4c8084cf1
OS Windows 10 Version 22H2 (Build 19045.3208)

Android-
Brave 1.58.77 Chromium: 116.0.5845.51 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)
Revision 74bdc1d630d841ba7019c2f60c8884b68b1bdb46
OS Android 12; Build/SP1A.210812.016; 31; REL

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)
ZebPay

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)
Seems so. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Additional Info:
Rewards profile in windows was previously not connected with any custodian but Android Nightly was connected with Gemini (received a payout this month as well).

And since Nightly was connected to Gemini but after the update Gemini was removed not only from the custodial options (only ZebPay is there) but also from the rewards profile, I’m guessing this will be the way going forward and already connected Uphold and Gemini accounts in India will be removed from Rewards.

Also, verbose logs show no log of ZebPay but still show gemini api requests for balances in my gemini account!
@Mattches
@steeven

Additional Issue
I can’t update Nightly. This is the error shown-

And if I try to update with Nightly Installer, similar error-

I was hoping there could be a way to update without backing up, unistalling and re-installing Brave.

1 Like

Woah. That’s awesome. As far as I know, the last time I talked to people from Brave, they said they’ll announce the partner before launching in brave.

1 Like

Maybe they meant when going into Release version. Are you able to connect? It should be in v1.58+

I just created an account. Will do KYC.
I just tried to see what happens when I click on Zebpay, it goes to the install Zebpay website of Playstore.

Doesnt allow me to put in my mobile number or email to login.

I also got that first and I installed the app (I’m KYCed). Can you try to separately login in the browser and then try to connect?

It’s weird. I am unable to even enter the credentials. As soon as the login page loads, it goes to the sign up page. Even if I repeatedly click on login, it takes me to Sign up page

If you trying in mobile, maybe enable desktop mode.

Alright. The Desktop site suggestion did the job. Now I see the same error as you when I try connecting.

Nice. Good to know. :grin:

I think it still is in the works or needs some work still

Most likely the API hasn’t been enabled yet

1 Like

@Aman_M and @SmartyAadi just reached out about it and was told they are still ironing out the kinks. I guess it’s not been announced yet because it is Nightly (which is the testing app, things may not work flawlessly) and they don’t want a lot of people rushing to it and thinking it will work perfectly.

My personal opinion:

It’s there in Nightly for testing. When it’s fully up and running, Brave will have it announced to everyone. If you go to share the news with people anywhere, I’d make sure you include that caveat. Until it makes it to Release and Brave announces it, be advised it’s only in testing and there’s no guarantees on it connecting or anything else. There could be delays and all. So if you go to use it now, make sure you have that mindset. Otherwise wait until official release.

2 Likes

I remember when Gemini was first available in Nightly, it connected flawlessly. Anyway, it does feel that ZebPay needs some more work. Hope it resolves soon! :slightly_smiling_face:

Though Nighty update issue remains.

Just to update, Nightly update issue was resolved just by a restart (yes, boomer here). And new UI of rewards panal is interesting-

Interesting decleration as well-

since you see etimated earnings, you were able to connect to ZebPay ?

Nah, that’s another browser and connected to Gemini.

Heyy! Update! was able to connect to zebpay in the nightly version…super excited

1 Like

Just keep in mind it’s not flawless yet, otherwise they would have officially announced it. Hopefully things will work right but keep the mindset you’re essentially a beta tester, an early adapter. So there’s a chance API could have issues and payment not arrive or whatever else.

Also, there had been talk a while back that the payments to India would be a month behind compared to others. So instead of receiving May’s payment in June, it would come in July or whatever. Not sure if that’s still going to hold true once it’s all implemented.

Again, hopes are it all works well. But just want to make sure people keep in mind the negative possibilities, otherwise they come complaining later. Basically, try not to have any real expectations and just kind of try to go with the flow and see what happens.

1 Like

Same here. Awesome news!

Hey, can u share the steps of how u did it and the login link of the wallet?

Works on desktop only as of now.
Steps →
Open brave Nightly → Brave rewards → click on connect → click on Zebpay → enter your mobile number → enter the otp received → enter the 4 digit pin for Zebpay → that should do the trick.

NOTE
This only works if you have selected India as a region for Brave rewards. You can check your region at brave://rewards-internals

If it’s not India, then youll have to reset Brave rewards and select India.
Do note, this is an experimental version of Brave so no guarantees that this will always work.

Also, noticed that it logs you out in a few hours itself so yea.