Importing Usernames & Passwords from Brave Release to Brave Beta

The import wizard for Brave Beta Version 0.56.1 Chromium: 70.0.3538.22 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) doesn’t import Bookmarks, settings, usernames and/or passwords from Brave Release version 0.24.0 libchromiumcontent: 69.0.3497.100. I was able to get my Bookmarks over by exporting them to a file & then importing them in via the same file, but I can’t do that with the usernames & passwords.

Is there a way to copy this over? For example when I had to reload my laptop, I backed up my Brave folders, then I simply copied them to were they needed to be after the reload & then installed Brave. Once I launched Brave everything was exactly where I left it before the reload. Meaning all Bookmarks, Usernames, Passwords, Settings everything were all there like nothing had changed. I wasn’t sure if I could do something similar with a file or folder from my existing Brave release version & then reinstall the Brave Beta Version again & have all my settings be there. I really don’t want to have to try to login to every single site again.

Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so very much for your time, efforts, patience & considerations!

With sincerest respects,

Magestic12

You should be able to see Brave in the drop down list when you open Import Bookmark settings

That doesn’t work. I mentioned that in the explanation of the Wizard not working. That’s why I had to manually move my Bookmarks over by exporting to a file in Brave release & importing via file in Brave Beta.

1 Like

What OS are you running?

I’ve seen similar reports:
https://community.brave.com/t/bookmark-problems-in-brave-browser-beta/33629/8

@Magestic12 when you do import the HTML file, are the bookmarks displaying correctly?

Yes, but that doesn’t help me with my username & password import issue.

Also using the Wizard goes through normally & never gives any errors or indication it didn’t work. However, it does absolutely nothing & the only way to get your Bookmarks over from Brave Release to Brave Beta is by exporting to a file & the importing that file back in. I have NOT found a way to import my usernames & passwords over manually, without going to each site & logging in 1 by 1 & telling it to save.

I’m unable to reproduce this error.
As @sriram asked, can you tell me what OS you’re using?

After some digging, I’ve found a few issues logged that describe this type of behavior:
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/531
:point_up: This one sounds pretty accurate to your situation, but it’s hard to tell without knowing your OS.
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/730

I have the same problem in Brave Beta 1.11.66 and Brave Release 1.10.93. My Release isn’t showing up in my Beta and vice versa.
Btw, I’m Polish, so my screenshots are Polish too.
Release: image
Beta:

As you can see, it doesn’t show up. My Beta is fresh, installed 30 minutes ago.

Can you guys help, please?

Oh, I didn’t say: I’m on Windows 7.