Importing Usernames & Passwords from Brave Release to Brave Beta

The import wizard for Brave Beta Version 0.56.1 Chromium: 70.0.3538.22 (Official Build) dev (64-bit) doesn’t import Bookmarks, settings, usernames and/or passwords from Brave Release version 0.24.0 libchromiumcontent: 69.0.3497.100. I was able to get my Bookmarks over by exporting them to a file & then importing them in via the same file, but I can’t do that with the usernames & passwords.

Is there a way to copy this over? For example when I had to reload my laptop, I backed up my Brave folders, then I simply copied them to were they needed to be after the reload & then installed Brave. Once I launched Brave everything was exactly where I left it before the reload. Meaning all Bookmarks, Usernames, Passwords, Settings everything were all there like nothing had changed. I wasn’t sure if I could do something similar with a file or folder from my existing Brave release version & then reinstall the Brave Beta Version again & have all my settings be there. I really don’t want to have to try to login to every single site again.

Any help and/or advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you so very much for your time, efforts, patience & considerations!

With sincerest respects,

Magestic12

You should be able to see Brave in the drop down list when you open Import Bookmark settings

That doesn’t work. I mentioned that in the explanation of the Wizard not working. That’s why I had to manually move my Bookmarks over by exporting to a file in Brave release & importing via file in Brave Beta.

What OS are you running?

I’ve seen similar reports:

@Magestic12 when you do import the HTML file, are the bookmarks displaying correctly?

Yes, but that doesn’t help me with my username & password import issue.

Also using the Wizard goes through normally & never gives any errors or indication it didn’t work. However, it does absolutely nothing & the only way to get your Bookmarks over from Brave Release to Brave Beta is by exporting to a file & the importing that file back in. I have NOT found a way to import my usernames & passwords over manually, without going to each site & logging in 1 by 1 & telling it to save.

I’m unable to reproduce this error.
As @sriram asked, can you tell me what OS you’re using?

After some digging, I’ve found a few issues logged that describe this type of behavior:
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/531
:point_up: This one sounds pretty accurate to your situation, but it’s hard to tell without knowing your OS.
https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/730