Importing browser data manually from another storage device

Description of the issue:
recently, I bought a new laptop. as soon as it arrived from the mail I bought a sata-usb connector so that i could migrate my stuff from the old ssd.
the thing is, how do i migrate all of my old brave browser data from the old ssd to my new one?
importing browser data from another browser within the main ssd is another thing.

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): the old ssd ran windows 11 (build 21996.1) and my new laptop ran windows 10 (20H2 build 19042.1052), not sure why this is important but alright

It’s not guaranteed to work but you could try copying over /Users/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-browser/User Data/Default from the old SSD to the new SSD.

If I understand you correctly, you have 2 Brave installations now - one on the old SSD, and one on the new SSD. So, the other thing you could try if my first suggestions doesn’t work for you, is manually exporting bookmarks and saved passwords from the installation on the old SSD, and then manually importing the exported bookmarks and saved passwords in the installation on your new SSD.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.