I cant open Brave browser properly

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to . Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:
Hi, my brave browser doesnt work properly.
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

1. since 2 days ago, I can’t open it properly like the video below
    brave%20error
  2. the browser is active but it can’t open in normally. The tab goes to the screen side and I can’t operate it at all.
  3. try to reinstall the browser for 3 times but it has no effect

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:
Every time I activate the browser, it opened but I cant operated it at all

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
I use windows 7, brave version 1.3.99.0

Additional Information:

You need to put more information in order for them to help a little better.

Follow the provided template, I copy and pasted the template they use below.

NOTE: Any “one-liner” or topics requesting support or reporting bugs that do not make an effort to include as much of this information as possible will not be responded to. Repeatedly posting as such is grounds for banning._
Please try to adhere to this template when reporting bugs. If you think you don’t need to fill out every section in the template fill out as much of it as you can and please be as descriptive as possible when posting.
<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Description of the issue:

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:

Reproduces how often:

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):

Additional Information:

1 Like

It’s an old and well documented problem - the browser seems to work fine and it shows in taskmanager as working and not unresponsive. You can use short keys like Ctrl+T or Ctrl+N and they will work and you can do Alt+Tab to switch between but they dont simply go on screen like if they were insta minimized or running in the background. I had my fair share with this problem like 12-20 different pc’s all of them use win 7, 70% is older pcs or laptops(3-7year old). There was lots of post about how to fix ‘brave not opening/ not launching’ problem and none worked so decided to try the simplest solution ever - compatibility mode and it worked every time, one bad thing is you have to do that every time you start Brave.
So try it - find your Brave shortcut press right mouse button->Properties -> pick Compatibility Tab-> Check on Run this program in compatibility mode for(windows xp SP3 usually comes by default and always worked for me)and check Run this program as an administrator -> Apply +OK-> now dbl click the shortcut = it should work now.
I tried reinstalling, doing clean new install, I even reinstalled OS once but nothing except what I mentioned before helped. Sure it’s a drag to do this stuff all the time before starting browser but it works.
Pls replay if you find my tips helpful.

1 Like

It does’t work for me. I’ve tried as your advices. The browser is active but it can open in fullscreen. when I clicked into the browser, nothing gonna happen.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.