Hyatt.com not loading

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Delete the any text above the line separator below before posting

Description of the issue:
Hyatt.com not loading in Brave. works fine in Chrome and Safari. And yes Shields are down.

Exact URL of the website in question:
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/home

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
Nope - does not work with shields on or off.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):

Version 1.64.113 Chromium: 123.0.6312.86 (Official Build) (arm64)

How so? for example, I just tested and see below:

And it works regardless of what I navigate to there

I’d assume it is going to be something device specific. It could be you need to clear cookies/cache, perhaps an extension is creating a conflict, your DNS needs adjusted, it’s due to VPN/Proxy, or whatever.

It will be helpful to know what you’re experiencing when you try going to the site. Perhaps for you to test in private window and/or in a new browser profile as well.

Thanks for the feedback. I turned off extensions, cleared cookies/cache and still a blank screen. However when I use a private window it works fine. So it must be something in my settings blocking this site all of a sudden. I’ll keep digging. Thanks!

1 Like

Weird. Usually the only difference between normal and private is (1) Private opens with no cookies -and- (2) extensions are disabled by default.

So if you have done both, it should clear up. Only thing I’ll ask, when you cleared cookies/cache, did you pay attention to the timeframe? Reason I ask is by default it just is for the past hour. If you didn’t change that, may be where the problem lies.

The site does have some anti-bot’ing detection. VPN or secureDNS could affected it

Also experiencing this behavior, I cannot load hyatt.com. Loads in incognito ok though

https://www.reddit.com/r/brave/comments/1bivlwm/website_hyattcom_not_loading/

They must have fixed the website as now it’s loading for me in Brave.

I tweeted the antibotting company managing hyatt to get it fixed, was fixed a few days ago

1 Like

Awesome. Thank you so much!