How to disable auto rescaling of browser size? [SOLVED]

When I’m moving the resized browser around and fixing the top edges to scale with the desktop, so I don’t have to see the background it suddenly gets smaller, and I see it again, which is quite annoying. Is there a way to disable this auto rescaling?

@yyy1,
Can you please tell us what version of the browser you’re using as well as what version of Windows?

Further, I’m not super clear on the behavior you’re describing, would it be possible to take a short screen recording of this behavior so we can get a better idea of what is going on? Easiest way to achieve this would be to take the screen recording, upload to a site like imgur.com and then paste the link in here.

Yes of course.
Brave version 1.56.9
Windows 10 Pro 22H2
x64 bit

before mouse dragging

after mouse dragging

In the second Link you can see at the very top a bit of my desktop background, because the browser rescaled in size, which I would like it to stop.

@yyy1,
Thank you for the info — however, I see only images that you’ve saved. Would it be possible to see a short screen recording (video) of the behavior in action? It is hard to tell the exact behavior based on just the still screenshots.

Thank you

Edit: fixed problem

Sorry for late answer mate, I completely forgot about the forum post after fixing it.
The problem was not Brave related, it was Windows 10 messing around. So basically it was the multitasking feature resizing apps when I moved them around my desktop and since I mostly had brave tabs open I thought it’s brave related.
Anyway, have a good one!

1 Like

Thank you for the updated. I’m glad to hear the issue was resolved.

Have a wonderful day!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.